Is your hair constantly dry even after moisturizing? The answer might be a pre-poo. What is a pre-poo? It is the process or step that you take prior to shampooing your hair.
The following recipe includes Aloe Vera Juice. Aloe Vera has some great benefits for the overall health of your hair. Below are some of the benefits of the juice:
- The “proteolytic enzymes” in aloe vera help to repair dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Great conditioner.
- Helps to smoothen and gives shine to the hair.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Prevents scalp itchiness.
- Reduces dandruff on the scalp.
I came across a great recipe on one of the hair boards. The aloe vera juice in the recipe provides all the above benefits, coupled with the major benefits from coconut oil. This is a pre-poo that you definitely want to try out!
- 1/2 cup of Aloe Vera Juice (ACJ)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- In a bowl, add the aloe vera juice and the olive oil – mix together.
- In another bowl, put in the coconut oil – make sure the oil is at room temperature.
- Divide your dry hair into 4 or 6 sections.
- Coat each strand of your hair with the mixture in the first bowl. Do this to all the 4-6 sections.
- Once all the sections are coated, go back to the first section, and coat it with the coconut oil.
- Do this to the remaining sections.
- Once all the 4-6 sections have now been coated with the coconut oil, put on your shower cap.
- Leave this on for one to two hours. For best results, you can leave it on overnight.
- When you are ready to shampoo, rinse out the pre-poo mixture, and then proceed with your wash day routine/steps.
The attached video gives you additional details on this process.
Have you done a pre-poo before? Make sure you share this with your friends.