The ability for your hair to take in moisture and retain it, is what we refer to as the porosity of your hair. Oftentimes, it might come to a point where your hair will no longer be able to feel moisturized, and also not able to retain the moisture. When your hair is constantly in a dry state, never feeling or looking moisturized, or looking dirty and dull, then it’s an indication for a new start. That was the situation with my daughter’s hair – it was really dry, and the brownish color was rather looking dusty, and it was feeling like straw!
I wasn’t happy with the way her hair was looking. I decided to do something about it to help improve the condition of her hair. I came across Roux Porosity Conditioner.
I used the product in my daughter’s hair, and I am very pleased with the results. My daughter is happy with the beauty that has been revealed in the way her hair looks.
Okay, enough of the rambling. Below are the 5 benefits that using the Porosity Conditioner can give to your hair.
- Acts as a Corrector – per the description on the bottle, the Roux Porosity Conditioner is supposed to help correct the pH of the hair. Usually, healthy hair will have a pH of 4.5 – 5.5, which is acidic.Hair that has been chemically treated or damaged with heat will have pH of 6 – 7. This is considered to be alkaline. To help acidify the hair and bring the pH level down, a Corrector is needed. That’s why you’ll need this conditioner.
- Helps to Condition – by correcting the pH level, you can help the hair to be well conditioned. The porosity conditioner will give the hair this benefit.
- Acts as a Detangler – after applying this conditioner to my daughter’s hair, I felt the easiness with which I was able to remove the tangles from her hair. I also could feel that the conditioner was also helping to soften her hair to enable the wide tooth comb to glide through.
- Gives Sheen/Shine – a well conditioned hair will reflect light. Light can easily bounce off the hair thereby giving it that radiant look.
- Helps the hair to stay Moisturized -because the porosity conditioner helps to correct and condition the hair, it gives the hair the ability to help hold on to the moisture much longer than it would.
Are you thinking about using the Roux conditioner, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Clarify your hair.
- Apply deep conditioning treatment – with heat.
- Apply your rinse out conditioner.
- Apply the Porosity Conditioner and rinse out.
- Use your styling products.
Check out the Facebook LIVE video that I did to help you understand the steps and follow the process.
Have you ever used the porosity conditioner before? If not, will you be trying it? Let me know what actions you’ll be taking by leaving your comment below.